Job title: Supply Chain Officer
Reporting to: Supply Chain Manager
Technical line manager: Supply Chain Manager
Direct reports: None
Unit/department: Supply Chain
Location: Kibondo/ Nduta Refugee Camp
Overall purpose of the role:
Providing logistics support at Kibondo office and Nduta Refugee Camp. This includes fleet, procurement, assets management, generators management and other supply chain duties.
- Responsible for provision of Logistics support for Kibondo office and Nduta Refugee Camp
- Responsible for fleet management
- Responsible for inventory counting and stock taking
- Responsible for provision of warehouse management support
- Processing Low value procurement as per DRC Procurement policies
- Recognizing all expired and obsolete/obsolescence to be disposed and doing the needful.
- Work hand to hand with HR and Admin on all utilities required by DRC staff who live in the DRC staff compound, consolidate their needs and work up them
- Responsible for management of assets and equipment
- Preparation of logistics and stock reports which should be shared on time as per DRC Supply Chain guidelines
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum 3 years working with Refugees context
- Experience with ERP system. (DRC dynamics)
- High level of professionalism
- Experience in working with International organizations is an added advantage. Mainly UN agencies
- Experience in Supply Chain i.e Procurement, Fleet, warehouse and assets management
- Experience in working as a team
- Experience with meeting deadlines
- Degree in Supply Chain or Business Management is required
- Fluent in English and Swahili
- Kirundi is an added advantage
- Danish Refugee Council staff members
Core competencies Basic Advanced Expert
Striving for excellence ☐ ☒ ☐
Collaborating ☐ ☒ ☐
Taking the lead ☐ ☒ ☐
Communicating ☐ ☒ ☐
Demonstrating integrity ☐ ☐ ☒
- Basic: I master the essentials, but may at times need help from others
- Advanced: I can work independently at full professional level.
- Expert: I am the go-to person when others need help.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
The deadline for submitting the application is 03 March 2022.