Job Title: Director Of Finance
Reporting to: CHIEF OF PARTY, TANZANIA CASE MANAGEMENT AND SURVEILLANCE ACTIVITY
Location: DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Start date: APPROXIMATELY, JUNE 2022 – Contingent upon funding
Who we are
With 50 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading nonprofit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 8,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
- Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, and in accordance with the procedures and regulations in place, the Director of Finance is responsible for the following:
- Overseeing finance, procurement and administrative functions in order to ensure efficiency, integrity and transparency of the financial operations;
- Provision of financial support and advice to the Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party;
- Monitor performance of the project to ensure effective budget monitoring, control and cost effectiveness of project activities;
- Development and monitoring of departmental budgets;
- Preparing the Pipeline and Accruals report and advice staff members on the appropriate use of funds;
- Verifying and approving financial transactions including Journal Entry transactions;
- Conducting Balance Sheet and Project Status Report reviews on a monthly basis and meet with management to discuss the same;
- Realign budgets in liaison with the Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party so as to synchronize with actual and forecast expenditure;
- Ensuring contractual compliance with PSI and Donor financial regulations and requirements;
- Establishing standard operating policies & procedures; and develop systems and controls for further dissemination throughout the organization;
- Analysis and verification of Financial Reports (Donor reports prepared at field level, External and Internal Audit reports);
- Internal, external and donor audits, providing management responses on Audit findings;
- Ensuring that finance policies and procedures manual is up to date;
- Ensuring compliance with Local Tax legislation and other statutory requirements;
- Maintaining a risk register, regularly asses risk and designing a cause of action to mitigate;
- Maintaining an updated Asset Register for the project;
- Develop capacity and facilitate training on financial management and departmental budget monitoring for project staff;
- Performance management, mentorship and capacity building for Financial Accounting Staff through direct reports and developing objectives for the team;
- Subcontract management.
What are we looking for?
- First degree in finance / accounting and related fields;
- Professional qualifications – CPA/ ACCA holder;
- MBA degree is an added advantage;
- Strong analytical skills, integrity, drive & initiative;
- Over 10 years’ experience in a senior finance position;
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FARs) is a must;
- Experience in Managing a USAID/DOD Acquisition/Contract from inception up to close out phases;
- Demonstrated experience in health project management with major partners such as USAID, DFID, Global Fund, etc;
- Strong communication skills, including interpersonal and in written and oral English;
- References will be required.
How to apply:
Application for the position must include:
Cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements.
Detailed curriculum vitae showing contact address, email, and day -time mobile phone number (s) and three (3) referees, ONE being your last employer.
Application will be considered valid, if sent/received before 1700hrs, Tuesday, 22nd February, 2022. Please note that only short -listed candidates meeting the above requirements will be contacted. Send you application to firstname.lastname@example.org in MS Word or PDF file. Indicate the name of position on the subject line of your email. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer promoting gender, equity, and diversity. Persons with disability and other minority groups are encouraged to apply.
Cautions to the applicants:
Some fake adverts online require candidates to apply through some e-mail addresses of public domains, e.g Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail etc. Kindly note: email@example.com is the address to use for this recruitment. Please ignore any of those adverts. We also do not charge any application fee for any of our recruitments.