Officer – Academic Quality Assurance
Want to work for one of the largest charities of its kind in Africa? Would you enjoy mentoring young adults through their higher education? Are you capable of helping youths navigate through life’s academic and social challenges? Does it sound like we’re talking about you?… Keep reading!
The School of St Jude is a pioneering leader in charitable education within Africa. We are giving 1,800 students free, quality education and 100’s of graduates access to higher education each year. This year, we provided more than 30,000 government school students with quality teachers. St Jude’s is funded by generous supporters from around the world who make our mission of giving bright, poor Tanzanian students a free, quality education possible.
Who are you
- Highly motivated and experienced Academic Leader with passion on curriculum and data quality.
- Problem solving person with passion computer software to simplify work.
- High level of attention to details and multitasking
- Capable of adapting well with high standard of work and pressing deadlines.
- Good understanding of NECTA curriculum and competency based assessment procedures for Primary and Secondary Schools.
What you’ll do
- Assessment of Quality in three Key Stages of Curriculum Implementations (Input, Processing and Output)
- Monitoring teaching staff Key Performance Indicators.
- Doing qualitative and quantitative survey on academic challenges to trace patterns and Impacts
- Follow up on Academic external and Internal Quality Assurance reports and recommendations.
- Facilitating professional and classroom training for academic staff.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor Degree in Education with major focus on Curriculum Implementations and Evaluations.
- At least 4 years teaching and leadership experience from top performing schools.
- Strong ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative data using tools such as Excel ,SPSS etc
- Digital Skills (Fluent with Ms Office Applications such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint, Google Forms, Professional Email Communications).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The opportunity to use your talents and expertise to fight poverty through education and make a positive impact in Tanzania
- A flexible and supportive community of international and local employees
- Ample opportunities for career progression and development
- Mid-morning tea and lunch (during working days)
Are you interested?
Send your cover letter and an up to date Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com (subject line must include the reference number: TSOSJ/HR/ADM/ACDM/01/22)
Applications close on 4th March 2022.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.