BOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Coordinator 1 – Technical Training
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Department: HSE & Training
Reporting to: Senior Officer – Technical Training
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To enhance engineering capabilities of technical training programs according to GGM engineering employees according to the organization requirement. The Technical Training Coordinator 1 (Fitter mechanic) is to train and develop candidates on Technical Training and be able to use tools and engineering techniques to maintain and repair mechanical plant machinery and mining equipment to operational standards.
A Diploma / Full Technician Certificate (FTC) or Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
Holder of a TOT certificate or any related proof of being engaged in training / educational systems.
Valid Driver’s License.
At least three (3) years of work experience with proven track record and exposure in engineering training.
Considerable knowledge in mining fixed plant and mining heavy mobile equipment maintenance.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Comply with all HSE policies, procedures and instructions. This includes the correct use of safety devices and protective equipment, promptly reporting of any hazardous situations which cannot be corrected by an individual, making the necessary changes to eliminate or control the hazard and reporting immediately any accident or injury which arises in the course of work.
- Take reasonable care for own safety and that of other persons who may be affected by his / her acts.
- Ensure that all tools are serviceable and safe to use precision measuring instruments to check parts to fit
- Maintain Safety and Technical training standards to comply with the Company safety and technical program
- Ensure all training facilities are safe for use all time, and well secured
- Provide high quality engineering training courses and he/she prepares personnel orientation aids, handbooks, manuals, course outlines and other employee development materials
- Develop and review comprehensive technical training modules for a wide range covering engineering field to meet business standards.
- Enforce the company Training calendar along with engineering Training Matrix schedule.
- Implement Technical Training Solutions as per available training Matrix and on ad-hoc basis
- Observe costs in the areas of Personal Protective Equipment’s and the training aids provided
- Oversee the inspection and recertification, use, transport and storage of the training facilities
- Assist in developing and maintain constructive relationships with Internal like Engineering/Technical departments
- Assist to conduct individual and team skills gap analyses
- Assist to develop and run technical training courses for beginner and intermediate
- Gather feedback from trainees recommend suggestions to the learning process
- Registered by Engineers Registration Board (ERB) is preferable
- Adequate knowledge of system structures and how to troubleshoot systems
- Extensive experience on all or key mining safety and technical standards.
- Ability to improve / maintain operational effectiveness within process.
- Strong computer skills with intermediate proficiency in MS Office programs.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills in English Language.
- Ability to plan organize, allocate, execute and monitor / control work.
- Ability to follow & apply organizational procedures and legislative requirements
- Ability to facilitate focus group discussions, conduct classroom learning sessions, seminars, and workshops.
- Problem-solving skills, which enable a mechanical fitter to solve and repair system issues efficiently and effectively
- Ability to apply managerial leadership concepts in workplace.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the ‘APPLY‘ button below.
On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
You will also be required to upload a cover/application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Coordinator 1 – Technical Training”
If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
Applications should reach the above on or before 24th February 2022 at 5:30 Pm
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing email@example.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com