ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: PA Administrator – Security
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Reporting to: Superintendent – Compliance and Assurance
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The role exists to provide administrative support to GGM security database including input of exit forms for all security related dismissals or terminations. The role holder also manages and compile month end reports, perform security administration work, compile reports and letters for Security Manager, compile incident reports, compile security crime and other statistics, and handle filing of all security department correspondences.
Ordinary Secondary school Qualification or above
- A minimum of two years’ experience in Secretarial duties and or front desk duties.
- Experience in security administrative related duties will be added advantage.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Health & Safety
- Identify all potential hazards and record it as such.
- Drive towards a zero tolerance on safety.
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety requirements.
- Ensure risk assessments/ take 5 is conducted before any work starts
- Adhere to Security VPSHR and avoid third party injuries and self-injuries
- Adhere to the Six Security Safety Golden Rules
Conduct administrative duties by uploading data into the Security database including input of exit forms for all security related dismissals or terminations.
DocuSign all security documents.
Update security files and filing all security correspondence.
Front Desk Duties
- Attend to all security requests submitted through security helpdesk
- File correspondences and letters from external and internal stakeholders
- Respond all calls directed to security and channel the same to respective individuals
- Receive all security visitors and give appropriate guidance
- Manage and compile month end and weekly reports.
- Conduct Security Screening and background checks.
- Compile reports and letters for the Security Managers.
- Compile incident reports.
- Compile security crime and other statistics.
- Prepare Village invoice for payment.
- Issue gate passes.
- Control incoming visitors to Security Dept
- Any other duties assigned by Supervisor related to your work.
- High level of computer literacy especially on Advanced MS Word, Excel, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Advanced skills in secretary and administrative duties will be an added advantage.
- High level of integrity, Report writing (monthly and Weekly reports).
- Business communication and letters Writing skills will be added advantage
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the ‘APPLY’ button below.
On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
You will also be required to upload a cover/application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “PA Administrator – Security’’
If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
Applications should reach the above on or before 24th February 2022 at 5:30 Pm
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing email@example.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com