To provide secure and timely driving services to transport passengers and/or goods. Deliver payment transfers to the bank and/or the suppliers, assist with postage and with pick up of office purchases, including flight tickets and any other tasks required by HR & Admin Manager. Act as a backup for the Receptionist, assist with meeting room re-arrangement for various meetings/events.
Reports to the HR & Admin Manager
- Drives the LSF vehicles
- Keeps the vehicle spotlessly clean on the outside and inside
- Ensures the vehicle is in excellent working condition
- Daily checks the condition of the vehicle and performs routine checks on oil, brakes, tires (always at least 1 spare tire in good condition), cooling/ AC, windows, wipers and water etc.
- Ensures that tools are neatly stored in the vehicle and are sufficient and always available
- Delivers mail, cheques or other matters whenever necessary as instructed by the Admin Assistant
- Will undertake field trips as and when required
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor through the Admin Assistant
- Maintainance and Administration
- Ensures dates of proper licensing are maintained.
- Takes the vehicle for servicing and supervises it is done properly
- Meticulously maintains the vehicle logbook including trips, with whom, mileage covered, fuel procured.
- Immediately reports any maintenance or vehicle condition issues to the LSF Administrative Assistant for further action
- Schedule annual vehicle examinations for service.
- Apply for the renewal of the vehicle license
- Determine when and what kind of maintenance the vehicle needs, keep track of general maintenance schedules, especially car tyre condition
- Ensure sound running of the vehicles assigned and arrange minor repairs where necessary
- Check oil and tyres properly and keep the service vehicles in clean condition, both inside and outside
- Keep track of timely car insurance renewals – Update monthly mileage records
- Maintain logbook of each service vehicle on daily basis and update monthly mileage
- The minimum education requirement is form IV or vehicle mechanical training.
- Speaks and understand English and Swahili.
- Preferable has done some additional safe driving training.
- Has 5 years or more driver experience including driving long distance preferably with an organization/company.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
The applications deadline is Friday, 18th February 2022. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.