Position: Senior Accountant
Location: Dar Es Salaam
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our Client is a pioneering global leader in the travel retail industry. The company focuses on delivering new experiences for travelers every day. As the company looks to commence its operations in Tanzania, open job opportunities are as below;
Note: The duty station will be Julius Nyerere International Airport, Terminal 3.
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT (1)
The Senior Accountant will be reporting to the CEO and will be the key resource for the finance function. He/ she will supervise the Junior Accountant.
- Management and updating of Intercompany and Account receivables:
- Management and updating of Account payables:
- Booking of invoices
- Preparation of weekly payment batches
- Bank reconciliations and validation
Preparation of the tax returns and following up with the Tax Authority on compliance
End of month/year closing
Relationship with the external auditors (answering and resolving queries)
Internal processes: in charge of ensuring the implementation of sound financial policies and processes.
Any other duties as will be assigned by the CEO
- 5 years demonstrated experience in accounting preferably in Retail – at least 2 years of which are in supervisory position.
- Level 2 CPA/ACCA or equivalent in another country
- Must be proficient in Excel
- Must possess experience in working with any ERP (SAP would a strong advantage)
- Experience in organizing a month end closing process
- Experience in managing 1 or 2 junior accountants
- English fluency in both writing and speaking.
- Ability to communicate
How to Apply
Please send your updated CV, Cover letter and transcripts email@example.com not later than 17.00hrs on Monday, 28 February 2022. (Subject of email should be Position applying for)
Documents submitted have to be in PDF format.
NOTE: Recruitment process will include Excel and accounting tests
***** Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted***